Wednesday 16 September 2009

Great Lies to Tell Small Kids

Absolutely adore the Andy Riley 'Bunny Suicide' books - I even have the postcard boxset!
A year ago I was given his newest edition titled 'Great Lies to Tell Small Kids' and ridiculously enough it has been sat sandwiched between Philip Pullmans' 'Northern Lights' and a Tim Burton biography ever since. Tragic I know.
After a quick dusting, low and behold the magic of his illustrations was uncovered and I haven't been able to put it down.

What I didn't know was that Andy Riley has contributed to some fantastic television series; 'Smack The Pony', 'Black Books', 'Trigger Happy TV' and 'Spitting Image'.


It's dark humour at its best. Those of you who won't enjoy it or understand the concept, you'll have to excuse my twisted humour.
I can't help but express giddy excitement when showing someone the sketches as I wait in anticipation for their response; Good or bad - The response will always be priceless.

Be sure to check out his website: here

No comments:

Post a Comment