Sunday 12 July 2009

Nobody Light a Match...

Adolescent summers consisted of beautifully crafted origami water bombs. I perfected the water bomb right down to a tee; the size and strength of paper, exact measured volume of liquid - all of which made for priceless moments on impact, flawlessly executed.

When I saw this magnificent paper art, despite putting my efforts to shame, I was so in awe that it actually made me question the authenticity of the work; I initially thought it was a Maya creation in all its computer graphics glory!


The artist, Wataru Itou, spent 4 years hand crafting this paper creation titled "Umi no Ue no Oshiro" (Castle on the Ocean)

Fully functional trains can be seen meandering the carefully crafted pathways, lights set up to create the essential ambience - everything meticulously planned and accomplished to perfection.

The exhibition is in Tokyo alongside a video documenting the 'making of...'

No comments:

Post a Comment